I’m a big fan of the Chicken Soup for the Soul Book Series and a book I’m reading presently, From Lemons to Lemonade that makes a bad situation better. Prevention sure beats treatment and in B.L. Fitzgerald Jones second installment to Solitarius.org she imparts more of her “pearls of wisdom for the soul.” As she told me about the attributes about Wheatgrass and much, much more! Below is the contribution I thought informative?
The Eleven Nutritionally Dense Foods To Keep Cancer Away!
Nutritional health offers a plentiful array of foods that could enhance your body’s ability to escape the disease of cancer. Each super food itemized here will have some of the elements listed. They are enriched with protein, minerals & vitamins, anti- oxidants, anti – inflammatory effects, immune strengtheners, fiber rich, amino acids, digestive enzymes (enriched as much as 1000), chlorophyll, omega -3 fats , also with free radical avenging anti – oxidants, vitamin C, E, K and B complex (including B12) foods rich in calcium, cobalt, germanium, iron, magnesium and phosphates.
Countless Americans are starving nutritionally because of the SAD Diet that they adhere to as “faithful followers.” Admittedly the USDA has said recently, mistakenly their pyramid of 40 years is not nutritionally sound. Which when you study it, when followed, it has a compensatory to generate illness rather than the wellness originally claimed to provide.
When looking into the direction of nutritional health, you are actually fostering a cure, as well as a lifestyle modification towards healing foods. Which ought to be a part of your lifestyle adoption… for a non compromised way of eating to reconcile optimal healing and health. Truly a journey into alternative methods of healing the body’s true maladies with foods, herbs and grasses.
Incorporating these foods into the diet will heal the body and its cells at the cellular level. While healing the malignancy shown symptoms earlier on or preventively. Listed are eleven super foods that labor to prevent malignancies through nutritional methods. While flooding the cells with foods that feed them to a wellness state.
1. Spirulina: lake algae might gross you out, however, spirulina is actually pretty tasty, especially when blended into a smoothie. It has more antioxidants than any other food on earth, loaded with protein and minerals making it one of the most dense foods on the planet. Among the many other benefits of spirulina are the following:
+ inhibits the power of many viruses….
+ helps boost the immune system….
+ helps diminishes allergies such as hay fever….
+ helps reduce blood pressure and cholesterol….
+ helps control symptoms of ulcerative colitis….
+ exerts strong antioxidant and anti inflammatory effects….
2. Kale: No can kale… no processing with salt or high heat, no nutritional values after the processing. The recommendations are for the fresh leaves for healing. Fresh kale is delicious and easy to prepare versatile food. According to Dr. Joel Fuhrman, kale is the most nutritious food loaded with minerals, vitamins, fiber and amino acids as well s important antioxidants that can reduce inflammation and prevent cancer.
“The Queen of Greens,” has amazing health benefits: this leafy vegetable is the best source of beta – carotene and carotenoids. Eating kale keeps UV rays from harming the eyes and prevents cataracts. The high manganese content prevents cancer, dementia, osteoporosis and heart disease. Kale is also a hearty green which is great for juicing!!
3. Hemp Seeds: What do you get when you combine protein, fiber, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Hemp Seeds of course! This easily digestible seed is versatile, also easy to use and extremely tasty, too. The Hemp, primarily refers to the species “cannabis sative.”
NOTE: Hemp is not marijuana and contains only a trace of THC. What it does contain are high amounts of unsaturated fatty acids (beneficial to heart health.) It also contains 25 to 30 percent protein and all eight essential amino acids.
4. Cilantro: is a natural cleansing agent and also has effectively been used to help remove heavy metals and other roxic agents from the body. The chemical also found in cilantro…. is a substance called Dodecenal. Cilantro or, more commonly, Coriander is another potent herb that has anti – cancer properties. Also the prevalent anti oxidant in Cilantro are beta carotene, quercetin and rutin.
This herb, normally used in chelation therapy for people suffering from lead poison, helps remove free radicals by getting rid of the heavy metals in your body. Also NOTE: Dr. Yoshiaki Omura from the Heart Disease Research Foundation, New York, NY, USA, has actually found that Cilantro removes heavy metals – and with it the free radicals from the body in less than 2 weeks.
5. Cacao Bean: are so nutrient dense that scientist haven’t even begun to identify all the benefits in the little bean yet. Don’t grab a Snickers though – the good stuff is found only in a raw cacao bean or nibs (or really, really dark chocolate.) Minerals, vitamins and tons of antioxidants are great for you heart, skin, while releasing chemicals into the brain that makes you feel like you’re in love.
The antioxidants in chocolate are oligomeric procynanidins, reservatrol, and also the polyphenols. Raw cocoa beans such as the nibs, have higher levels of anti oxidants. The cooking process to make chocolate bars and other foods reduces anti oxidant levels. Also anti oxidants ward off diseases, such as cancer heart disease. Eating raw cocoa beans can help with weight loss because of the chromium and coumadin content.
Chromium also beneficial for regulating blood sugar. Theobromine an alkaloid that’s found in cocoa beans, prevents cavities by killing one of the bacteria strains responsible for tooth decay. Magnesium is an essential mineral that relaxes muscles of the heart in the cardiovascular system. The Cacao Bean has the highest level of magnesium of any food source. http://cocoawell.com/
6. Broccoli: MOM was right, you should always eat you broccoli if you want a healthy digestive system and to decrease your risk of cancer. Broccoli has a wide range of yummies too, from soups and stews to lightly stir fry. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable and contain phytochemicals called indoles and isothiocynates that boost the activity of enzymes in the body that suppress cancer causing agents. The vitamins and amino acids in broccoli make it an effective detoxifier assisting the body in ridding itself of toxins and free radicals while cleansing the body and help eliminate the harm such toxins can cause.
7. Spinach: Popeye was into something with that spinach fixation. But skipped the can stuff and stuck with fresh and frozen for an antioxidant, protein or fiber rich healthy burst of goodness. Spinach is iron enriched… spinach contains 3.1 mg of iron per 3.5oz servings. Which is quite high for a non – animal based food. Having healthy iron intakes promotes blood health and prevents anemia. However, getting your body to absorb the bulk of the iron from the juice can be tricky.
Make sure to combine spinach juice with a bit of citrus juice, whereas, the acid in citrus breaks down the iron in the spinach making it easier for your body to take in. Phosphorus a 3.5oz serving of spinach juice offers 51 mg of phosphorus. High amount of phosphorus is particularly valuable because this minerals helps to duplicate DNA and RNA. Additionally, phosphorus supports strong bones, teeth and promotes kidney health.
8. Chia Seed: the Aztec Warriors may have died out, but their legacy is alive and strong in the chia seed. This yummy, also unassuming ancient favorite is loaded with omega-3 fat, protein and fiber. The Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds lipid profile is composed of 60 percent omega-3s, making them one of the richest plant base sources of the fatty acids specifically, Alpha – linolenic acid (ALA.)
The omega-3s in chia seeds can help reduce inflammation & high cholesterol, enhance cognitive performance and are high in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, aging and cancer. The high antioxidant profile also helps them have a long shelf life. They last almost two years without refrigeration!
9. Berries: are super foods… unlike other fruit, berries tend to be less sugary and full of vital vitamins, minerals and those free radicals avenging antioxidants. Wild Berries are always a great choice, especially black raspberries. Berries are low in calories, high in fiber, and they contain vitamins and minerals your body needs to function normally. One cup of strawberries contain over 100 milligrams of vitamin C, almost as much as a cup of orange juice. Strawberries also have calcium, magnesium, folate, potassium and are also low in calories.
One cup of strawberries has only 53 calories, while one cup of blueberries offer smaller amounts of vitamin C plus some minerals and phytochemicals for 83 calories. While cranberries are similar, but with only 44 calories, one cup of raspberries offer vitamin C and potassium for 64 calories. While loganberries, currants, gooseberries, lingonberries and bilberries all have similar nutritional profiles.
10. Wheatgrass juice: often called “Liquid Sunshine” because of very high content of chlorophyll, and chlorophyll is the green pigment that harnesses the sun’s energy. Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and is harvested early when its nutrients and mineral content are at its peak. The most outstanding feature of Wheat grass is its very high content of chlorophyll at about 70% (this alone makes it a super food) that has a highly energizing and alkalizing effect.
Wheatgrass is a complete food and excellent source of vitamin C, E, K and B Complex (including B12.) While in the mineral department it is rich in calcium, cobalt, germanium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, protein, sodium, sulphur and zinc. This miracle green, also has along list of amino acids — about 17 types and 80 known enzymes.
11. Barley Grass: contains over 1,000 enzymes, whereas, most Americans don’t eat enough enzymes; which regulates all the cells in your body. One of the many enzymes in barley grass is SOD (superoxide dismutase), a strong anti oxidant that might reduce the effects of aging. Its Nutritional Value: concentrated source of nearly three dozen vitamins and minerals. Barley grass is particularly rich in vitamin A, C, B1, B2, folic acid and B12; calcium, iron, potassium and chlorophyll.
Unlike most plants, barley grass provides all nine essential amino acids (those which your body can’t produce.) Healing Claim: barley grass is a powerful antioxidant that is believed to help the body kill cancer cells and overcome a variety of ailments, including acne and ulcers.